Dopamine Demystified: Evidence-Based Strategies to Foster Client Change in the Age of Overconsumption
Led by Anna Lembke, MD
In Sandy, Utah | Thursday, April 18, 2024
In a world overflowing with dopamine-rich distractions, it is easy to feel like we are constantly on the edge of overconsumption. However, what if there was a roadmap to understanding and effectively managing this dopamine-driven age? Join us for a groundbreaking CE training day featuring Dr. Anna Lembke, a distinguished psychiatrist and addiction medicine expert. With her practical, science-informed approach, she will take you on a journey through the DOPAMINE framework, unveiling powerful strategies to help both you and your clients navigate the age of overindulgence. Prepare to demystify the complexities of compulsive behavior and unlock the keys to lasting change in this one-of-a-kind workshop.
Participants will be able to:
- Analyze the type, quantity, and frequency of common substances and behaviors to enhance client awareness
and facilitate data-informed risk discussions.
- List the underlying motivations driving clients’ behaviors and assess the disparity between their intentions and outcomes.
- Explain the neurobiological mechanisms involved in processing pleasure and pain in the human brain.
- Describe the dopamine fast and explain the scientific concept of hormesis—controlled discomfort to counter addiction-related issues.
- Plan a dopamine fast as an intervention for clients.
- Explain radical honesty as a way to strengthen the prefrontal cortex and promote a mindset of abundance.
- Plan for discussions with clients regarding abstinence versus moderation so clients can set goals and make informed decisions about their consumption patterns.
- Develop a detailed plan for consumption that will guide clients in their consumption patterns until their next visit.
Times shown are Mountain Standard Time (MST)
Check-in opens at 7:30 AM MST
|8:30 am MST
|15 Minute Break
|Break for Lunch
|15 Minute Break