Please Register Early. Limited Seating!
12 CE PENDING
Courtyard by Marriott
4 Sebethe Dr
Cromwell, CT 06416
About Dr. William Bumberry:
WILLIAM BUMBERRY, PHD, is a licensed clinical psychologist with more than 25 years experience working with couples. He has been with the Gottman Institute for more than a decade and is a Senior Certified Gottman Method Trainer and Consultant. In addition to being an active member of TGI’s Speaker Bureau, Dr. Bumberry serves as a consultant to clinicians seeking certification and is a Video Reviewer for the final step of the certification process. He is certified to present all three levels of the Gottman Method training sequence, as well as the Art & Science of Love workshop. In addition to his expertise in the Gottman Method, Dr. Bumberry integrates Emotionally Focused Therapy into his work and teaching. He is the co-author of Dancing with the Family: A Symbolic-Experiential Approach, A Different Kind of Caring (videotape) and Reshaping Family Relationships: The Symbolic Therapy of Carl Whitaker.
Clinicians will learn:
• Research-based assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles.
• Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict.
• Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history & values.
• Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts.
• Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
Clinicians will receive:
• A Two-Day Live Workshop with the Gottman Master Trainer Dr. William Bumberry.
• Gottman’s 300-Page Clinical Manual (Featuring the latest research and new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions).
• Certificate of Completion for Level 1 Training.
• Eligibility to continue on to Level 2 and 3; eligibility to become a Gottman Certified Therapist.
You may cancel your registration up to 10 days before the workshop (Monday, September 9, 2019) and receive a full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. If cancellation occurs in less than 10 days prior to the event, there is no refund. Also, if the event date is changed for some reason, the presenter is ill, the presenter will be rescheduled for another date and you may cancel your registration up to 10 days before the new date, for a full refund minus a $75 cancellation fee. If the event is cancelled and we will not hold the event, only the cost of the tuition will be refunded, no hotel, travel, or any other costs. Also, if you decide not to attend, the registration is NOT transferable to another future event.
For consideration of other attendees, adults only, no children.
Room Temperature varies; Please dress in layers.
If you require ADA Accommodations, please contact our office at least 7 days in advance of the event so that we can ensure accommodations are made.
THURSDAY & FRIDAY 2-DAY EVENT ONLY — November 7-8, 2019 — 9:00am-5:00pm
*Includes $100 Gottman Manual